This time of year we receive a lot of calls about items like adding a printer to your machine. Please keep an eye on our HelpDesk blog for important notes:
Welcome back everyone, I hope you had a nice break…. This year we are required to test ISTEP+ Online in grade 5,6, and 8. We will begin in earnest this week with practice testing all of these students and over the next few weeks we’ll move into the real test. This is a top priority and may require some changes to the network and Internet access. We will be monitoring the network to see if other uses are interfering with testing and if so we’ll have to make changes to protect it. If that occurs, we will more than likely temporarily block access to sites with videos, streaming music, and other high bandwidth sites.
In our first broadcast, we’ll take a look at…
Digital Storytelling/Presentation Resources:
… and in the emerging technology spotlight we’ll take a brief look at how computing life at Perry Meridian High School might be transforming.
(Note: Low resolution to start quickly.)
– In the last one month period, we made 2.7 million (yes million) impressions on our copy machines
– We operate 1,652 e-mail accounts on 2 primary virtual servers
– Since school started, we have created 230 work orders
– Yesterday, HelpDesk responded to 86 e-mails
– Yesterday, we peaked our Internet connection at 68MB out of a possible 200MB
– Our highest network traffic building yesterday was RISE with a peak of 88MB at around 1PM
– The main district file server currently is holding 499GB of data
Fun Friday Technology Trivia
Coming to a School District near you this Friday. Sneak peak available at: