Click here for step-by-step directions on how to save a copy of your Injury Form
In the event of an accident, click here to know who to contact in your building
Click here to view approved clinics
It is the goal of the employee safety committee to provide safe working conditions for all employees by maintaining a safe work environment. As an active committee, we take all accidents and injuries seriously and work hard to keep the number injuries at a minimum. You can assist us by following some common sense safety practices while at work.
CLASSROOM, OFFICE, HALLWAY SAFETY
- MAINTAIN A CLUTTER FREE CLASSROOM OR OFFICE. Many accidents are a result of tripping and falling. Clutter in closets and in classrooms is a major cause of these types of accidents.
- DO NOT USE A SWIVEL CHAIR OR A CHAIR ON WHEELS AS A LADDER. Better yet, ask a custodian to assist you when you need to use a ladder.
- DO NOT PIGGY BACK EXTENSION CORDS. Fire codes do not allow plugging an extension cord into another extension cord.
- DO NOT USE FRAYED OR WORN OUT ELECTRICAL CORDS OF ANY TYPE.
- DO NOT PUT TABLES, DESKS, OR OTHER OBJECTS ON TOP OF ELECTRICAL CORDS.
- LOOK FIRST WHEN WALKING BETWEEN STUDENTS WHO ARE WORKING ON THE FLOOR.
- DO NOT COMPACT TRASH IN A WASTE BASKET WITH YOUR HANDS OR FEET.
- PUT HEAVY FILES IN LOWER DRAWERS.
- OPEN ONE FILE DRAWER AT A TIME.
- DO NOT LEAVE DRAWERS OPEN WHEN YOU ARE DONE.
- KEEP A FLASHLIGHT NEARBY JUST IN CASE.
- DO NOT BLOCK WALKWAYS WITH BOXES OR OTHER MATERIALS.
- BE SURE WET AREAS ARE MOPPED UP.
- DO NOT KEEP RUGS OR MATS THAT ARE FRAYED OR WILL NOT LIE FLAT.
- REMEMBER YOUR AGE!! None of us are teens anymore. If you skate, wrestle, play one on one, run the bases, etc. with students, you are at risk of serious injury.
WET, ICY, OR SNOWY CONDITIONS OUTSIDE
- WEAR SHOES THAT PROVIDE GOOD FOOTING ON SLIPPERY SURFACES. You can always change shoes once inside. Leather soled shoes do not offer much protection on ice or snow.
- WALK ON CLEARED AND SALTED PATHS WHENEVER POSSIBLE.
- ALLOW MORE TIME TO GET TO WORK AND YOUR WORK STATION.
- DON’T TRY TO CARRY A HEAVY LOAD WHEN WALKING ON SLIPPERY SURFACES.